Blue Water Behavioral Consulting proudly offers the following services for individuals up to age 21 affected by autism spectrum disorders and/or other developmental disabilities:
- Skills assessments and outcome measures (including VB-MAPP, ABLLS-R, AFLS, ABAS-3, Vineland-3, SRS-2, & PDDBI)
- Functional behavior assessments (FBAs)/functional analyses (FAs)
- Home-based, one-on-one Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy services
- Community-based ABA therapy services (e.g., implementing ABA interventions to address behavioral challenges or relevant skill deficits during outings to the park, trips to the grocery store or other retail locations, restaurants, social events, hair cuts, dentist appointments, etc,)
- Center-based ABA services in Burlington, WA & Oak Harbor, WA
- Weekly social skills groups
- School-based services, including consultations and trainings for local public and private schools
- Parent, caregiver, and sibling training
Our clinicians are in network with most major insurance plans. ABA services are generally covered by health insurance when the individual has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and ABA services have been prescribed by a specialist or physician.
Each child we serve receives an in-depth initial ABA assessment, and is then reassessed on a bi-annual basis. The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) creates a formal report outlining the results of all assessments and reassessments. Additionally, the BCBA composes an individualized ABA Treatment Plan for each child that describes in detail the specific goals and teaching procedures that will be used to successfully meet the unique needs of that particular individual. If the client engages in challenging behavior, a Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) will also be designed, and all caregivers will be trained in how to implement the plan with fidelity.
Most clients will require 10 or more hours of ABA services per week. Peer-reviewed research has consistently shown that consistent and intensive ABA services produce the most meaningful and long-lasting impacts for individuals on the autism spectrum.
Blue Water also offers the following services for Assistant Behavior Analysts (BCaBAs/LABAs), Registered Behavior Technicians/Certified Behavior Technicians (RBTs/CBTs), and individuals pursuing any of these certifications:
- Frequent ongoing supervision for individuals currently certified as a BCaBA, LABA, CBT, or RBT
- Robust, well-rounded fieldwork and/or concentrated fieldwork opportunities (including unrestricted / indirect hours) and frequent supervision for individuals pursuing BCBA or BCaBA certification.
- Paid CBT training (including 40 hour ABA training course) for individuals pursuing CBT certification
- Paid RBT training (including administration of RBT competency assessment) for individuals pursuing RBT certification.
- Free CEUs for BCBAs and BCaBAs (Blue Water is an Authorized Continuing Education (ACE) Provider through the BACB).